
When She Was Young
Jeff H.
I have the day to myself today and I feel kind of lost. It's not like there aren't things to do or things that need to get done; I am experiencing a sort of lack of motivation I guess you could say. Aside from doing small insignificant things I really haven't done much. Sadly enough, I can't even experience a sense of satisfaction about "taking it easy", either.
I've putzed around on the computer a bit... some fellow grad students have been e-mailing about how their summers are going. It is nice to hear what others are up to. I just got through looking at one of their websites: Jeff's Big, Rat-Faced Page of Self-Promotion. A website is a piece of art. A technical one. I want to make a really nice site one day.
At his site he has a bunch of his artwork displayed. It is nice to see others art and gain insight to their style and personality. There is something about his style I am drawn to... that's what is so neat about art... it's not how accurate or true to reality you create your art, but it is the imperfect - the personal elucidation you convey by your own unique perception of the world. Every artist has their own sensitivity to the experience of life. I believe that sensitivity is conveyed in their art.
this blog is a place I post what is going on in my life if and when I get around to it. it serves no particular purpose other than to capture and collect my thoughts and ideas.
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
putzing around; looking at art
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment