Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I can do it with my mind?

Breastfeeding is really amazing. The adventure of course began when my wee one was born. Things expectedly got more interesting, however, when my milk started coming in yesterday. I got to experience the legendary "let down" everyone speaks of. It actually feels more like a "build up", if you ask me.

One thing that came as a surprise was that no one ever told me that I could do it with my mind! Yikes! All I did was think about breastfeeding yesterday afternoon and this mild ache and fullness came over me... I was so bewildered I immediately shared what happened with my mom. She got a kick out of it, laughed, and said "well, don't think about it!"... to which I replied, "You mean I can do it with my mind?" The response sent her further into hysterics.

Simply amazing. I found myself trying to think of things unrelated - like baseball, contact lenses, picnics, chess and recycling. Still have a lot to learn. In the meantime, at least I know I'm making enough grub for my little one! Got milk?

No comments: