My husband Steven left for work this morning at 5:47 a.m. So early. For some people, however, I am sure it is completely normal. Steven has a weekly tele-conference meeting every Tuesday that starts at 7:00 a.m., which is why the early departure is necessary.
Up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready, I nursed L in bed while he fed the doggies breakfast, showered and dressed. Before he left he came over to my side of the bed to give me a kiss goodbye. Such a tease. Dressed all nice for work, smelling deliciously clean and fresh, he made me want to put on a beautiful dress and go out to a romantic dinner. I told him this after he kissed me and he chuckled at the absurdity of it at quarter to six in the morning. He knew what I meant though....
Now I share him. I'm not the only lady he will take to dinner anymore. I am not the only lady he will come home to and shower with attention. Our daughter L commands quite a deal of his affections already at 3 1/2 weeks old. And, so, today it is us two girls at home again, eagerly waiting for "daddy" to come home. And "mommy" was left with a sweet memory of a kiss from "daddy" this morning that will stay with her all day...
No comments:
Post a Comment