SELF PORTRAIT TUESDAYThis week's self portrait is inspired by dreams. I had a few this weekend and I decided to re-enact one of them through photography for today and share a few of the dreams I had.
The photo is based on the first dream: I dreamt I was in some type of public setting drumming with some sort of musical group. Perhaps there were five musicians, or so. I was one of (probably) two (but maybe more) drummers. I kept faltering because I was drumming with knives, which proved difficult, and was receiving disapproving glares from fellow members in the ensemble. I persistently struggled to make these faux-drumsticks work for me, but could not, and therefore my drumming style and performance suffered. Emotions: nervousness, shame, embarrassment, and simultaneously hopeful yet hopeless.
Another dream I had was about someone I do not know in real life, but solely through the blog world: Sarah of The Waste Land. I had recently visited her blog in real life and saw a photograph of her horseback riding. This is where I believe the dream came into being. I dreamt there was a Disney Channel special about her (why Disney? that part was hiliarious) and she was portrayed as a beautiful and intelligent woman who loved horseback riding. The interview took place in a vast green meadow with her on her mare. She was also featured as a strong and successful individual who was thriving in spite of her divorce. Where and how the divorce theme came into play I can't fathom. This dream had me scratching my head when I awoke.
There isn't much mystery to the last dream I will share with you this morning. Having told my friend Stephanie about it during our weekly walk on Sunday morning, she found it comical that I refer to it as a "fantasy", opposed to a "nightmare". Anyway, here it goes, and it is quite simple. Setting: our neighborhood. A flock of pigeons soars into the sky simultaneously, brainlessly flapping there wings, and making the noises that pigeons do. Suddenly, someone (a young boy or group of boys, perhaps) launches some sort of missile, or explosive, or fire-works like device - and the pigeons, one by one, begin dropping from the sky, landing on the ground, dead. Okay, now time to clarify. First off, I love animals, and could never hurt one. Secondly, the reason for my contempt for these pigeons, so obviously portrayed in my "fantasy", is that our neighborhood has a huge pigeon problem. They are everywhere: roosting, pooping, reproducing, cooing, and you name it! I am tired of cleaning up poop and egg shells and feathers and debris. I'm tired of hearing "coo, coo" all through the night. I am sick of these feathery pests!! And I wish they would go away... in a humane way.
2 comments:
Sara, when you have difficulty in your dreams doing something, I have been told that it means the opposite; that you will be successful in your endeavors.
Pigeons, my little brother wanted to raise pigeons when he was little. He was obsessed with pigeons, then. He has long forgotten that now. I bet they are a nuisance, yep.
Hang in there chicky, xxx, Lori
I like that spin: difficulty in dreams equating to success in real life. True or not, it agrees with me :o)
A few months ago I had a really interesting (in every sense of the word) dream. Now that was a strange one that left me scratching my head!
I've been dreaming like crazy lately.
And damn those pesky pigeons. A nuisance indeed!!
Post a Comment