The last time I attended classes at the University of Arizona was in May (of 2005). I was 7 months pregnant at the time. I had applied for an academic leave of absence since I would be having my baby in July. I applied for the maximum amount of time granted: one year (two semesters) just incase. At the time I recognized that I would possibly go back for a class after only one semester, only if it was once a week in the evening, so that my husband could watch our little one.
Luckily for me, a class is being offered for Spring of 2006, and so I will be attending this upcoming semester. It is once a week, on Tuesday, from 6:00 p.m. until 8:50 p.m. It is also with the newest member of the Art Education department's faculty, Dr. David Darts, and excellent professor indeed! He is well-versed in visual culture and its implications on art education. One of the courses I took last Spring of 2005 was with him: ARE 577 - Teaching Media and Visual Culture. And what a course it was! I am very much looking forward to this upcoming semester with him in ARE 633. It will also be great to get back in with my fellow grad students and hang out once again.
2 comments:
How totally exciting! I bet you just can't wait. It will feel so good to be "you" again, even though I know it feels great to be "mommy" also. Good for you!
(I went there for one semester as an undergrad!)
What they said ^. Good advise there.
It will be good to get amongst ‘em again, yes? Also, the admiration you feel for your professor is obvious, and isn’t it exciting to pick the brains of those we admire?
Do your artsy thing momma, and enjoy both of your worlds! Xxx, Lori
Post a Comment