Tuesday, November 15, 2005

dear L

SELF PORTRAIT TUESDAY

Dear L,


I love you more than words can say. You are the most precious gift I have ever been blessed with. I can look at you in awe for countless moments trying to grasp this experience; the miracle of life, creation, innocence, perfection. My daughter. Our child. The love of my husband and I and the manifestation of that love in our creation of you.

One year ago I found out I was carrying you. I discovered your existence. Since then you have changed my world. Improved my life. Taught me lessons I would never had learned if it were not for you. You grew in my womb. Now you grown in my arms. Soon you will grow hand in hand with me. And then you will grow before my eyes. You will always be in my heart.

You are such a beautiful person. Smart. Energetic. Observant. Good-hearted. I can tell all this from only the few months we have known eachother. I look forward to watching you turn into a remarkable little girl and an outstanding young woman. You have so much to look forward to, as so do I.

I love you.
xoxo
Mommy

5 comments:

fineartist said...

Sarah, aw, so beautiful, both picture and sentiment.

Leigha will treasure this.

I remember feeling just the way that you do, being young and newly experiencing those pure love feelings, so intense.

Good karma, xxx, Lori

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

What a beautiful moment! I'm writing this while holding my sleeping 2-year-old daughter. This made me give her a little squeeze.
Wonderful idea, this self portrait Tuesday! Glad you thought of it!

Manateechik said...

How beautiful...I treasure my babies too. This makes me remember the awe of having a first born. I'm so happy for you guys. Isn't it great! :)

Chep said...

Stunning...simply stunning.

I'm glad I stopped by!

Wannabe said...

That made me cry. OMG! Beautiful!
Love,
A