Thursday, May 04, 2006

I am here

It has been a bit, hasn't it? Well, I've been a little busy lately and just honestly haven't felt the urge to write. I have had other kinds of work to do.

The spring semester is officially over. I had my last class Tuesday night. In the previous week I had been working on completing my final project: a commercial. It was a fun project. I discovered that I really enjoy and (think) I excel in video editing. I will be posting the 45-second movie in my next post.
Our last class was bittersweet as well seeing as the faculty member who taught it was leaving. He has accepted a position at NYU. It was quite a shame because he was really a great asset to our department of art education and an incredible teacher and person. He will be greatly missed by many.

Lately I have also been compelled to clean. We still have some boxes of "stuff" lingering around our house from our move one year ago, and I am integrating and purging. It feels good. I am also finding lots of little treasures. Like all of my husbands old athletic awards. And some great books. I think I will be reading Of Mice And Men again sometime soon.

This week I have also been working on a newsletter, which in case I haven't already mentioned is something I do once a month to make a little extra money to help out. I enjoy it, seeing as it requires a bit of artistic technique and organizational technique. I use Adobe Indesign. I loathe pagemaker.

Mary Kay is going well. I had another wonderful person from the land of the blogs recently support me: Rain. Thank you. I'm certain you look brilliant in your new hues. And, how's the microderm going Writer Mom? I love that stuff. But I'm also a loofah junkie. As for local customers, I am still working on spreading the word amongst those I know and holding classes in order to perfect my newest skills. It's definitely getting me to break out of my shell!

One of the most recent things I have been enjoying of late has been something very special I received in the mail from Sarah: CDs. And not just any CDs. These CDs were specific compilations based on her blog; songs lyrics she has documented and cited since 2003. Her use of music in her blog has served as a source of capturing different times in her life, and the cumulation of all these songs into one soundtrack not only brings together all of these telling moments, but cohesively tells a story. She has given me one of the best and most personal gifts I have ever received. I can't thank her enough.

--

One last important question, I am here, but has anybody seen Shorty? She seems to have just up and disappeared!

2 comments:

Teacher Laila Chris said...

Good question... Where's Shorty???

I did some editing back in college while majoring in journalism. I must confess that I totally sucked at that. I'm glad you nailed it.

Good Luck on Mary Kay business...

Peace&Love

fineartist said...

It so good to see you back at the machine...I've missed you loads, crazy like too.

I loved Of Mice And Men, I read it in high school, probably need to read it again.

I haven't been able to down load the movie yet, but when I have more time...I'm going to. xxx, Lori