Thursday, June 08, 2006

can you keep a secret?


I found out at 5:30 a.m. on Monday morning, June 5th, in our downstairs bathroom. I ran upstairs, beside myself, and frantically woke Steven to tell him the miraculous news.

I've been debating whether or not to write about this in the open where everyone can read this prodigious news or to keep it to myself and write in a more personal and private space until the right time. I decided to write about it here, as you can tell, because I reminded myself why I came here to write
in the first place.

It was exactly one year ago when I started this blog to talk about the end of my pregnancy and my experiences in life at that time. And it only seems right to do the same this time around.

Steven and I have been trying for our second child the past couple months. We feel so incredibly blessed it happened so quickly for us. We ideally agreed on having our children 1.5 to 2 years apart. That ideal is now our reality and we are elated.

If this is a girl, we may discuss having one more in the future. If this is a boy, then we will be done having children.

Naturally we will wait a couple months until we announce it officially to family in friends. My parents will be coming to visit for L's birthday in July, so we will probably choose that time to tell them the good news, along with other family and friends via the phone or e-mail.

My projected due date is February 9th. L's projected due date was July 9th. L came on the 15th. Perhaps this baby will come February 15th. Or maybe on Valentine's Day...

8 comments:

Wannabe said...

OMG. SERIOUSLY SOOOO excited for you!!! :)

Sarah said...

Wow!!! Congrats Sarah :) I seriously got a little teary eyed reading this. I'm so excited for you and Steven!! (and Leigha)

Jennifer said...

Or maybe baby will come a day early and share MY birthday! :-D

I wish your growing family every happiness, Sarah!

Sara said...

Congratulations Sarah! :)

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!! Squealing and Giddy.
Congrats congrats congrats.
And warm happy wishes!

Wow.

I'll be the first to tell you, two is an adventure. Their interactions will keep you in stitches. (See my latest post)
Yay for Leigha having a little sib!

Rain said...

Sarah, I am so happy for you and your family! YEAH!!

klk said...

Sarah! I am SO absolutely thrilled for you (and a bit envious!!!) The spacing sounds great and you are going to love having two little ones close in age. I am really happy to wake up this morning to this good news.
xoxo,
Kristie

fineartist said...

Oh Sarah a little Aquarius to share you life with too. Aquarius = genius, for sure.

How exciting life can be, how wild that we know before your 'rents...I'm thinking you may have already told them by now though...

love to the babe in your arms and the one in progress, tell dad good on him and love to you too, Lo