Monday, August 07, 2006

hard day's night

Has anyone seen my husband?
Just kidding. He's around here... somewhere. He's just been working like crazy lately.


Let me give you an idea of his schedule and life as of late:

6:00 a.m. Wake up

6:30 a.m./7:00 a.m. Out the door to work

7:30 a.m. - 7:00/7:30 p.m. Work like a dog

7:30 p.m./8:00 p.m. Come home from work


If that isn't a long day, then I don't know
what is.

Why the long days, though?
We have this to thank: The University of Arizona's Medical School is making a new home up in Phoenix. (Its existing home is here in Tucson.) And Steven's job as CIO of the College of Medicine is to set up all of the gadgetry necessary to make the new campus tick.

That means long days, lots of meetings, and lots of trips up to Phoenix.

And that also means less hubby and daddy-time during the week. L usually doesn't wake up in the morning until after he leaves, and usually goes to bed before he comes home, so weekends are really the only time for quality time.

Family dinner?
We don't know what that is anymore. The Cleaver's would be appalled.

I am going to be taking another class towards my masters again this semester, one evening a week, so I've managed to get Steven to [relatively] clear his calendar so I can drop L off at work with him when I go to class.

I'm excited for two reasons:
1) L will have special one-on-one time with daddy one night a week
2) I will get a night to miss her and look forward to seeing her again

Then after this semester is over we'll have another baby!
Oh my...

2 comments:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Lady, you folks are BUSY!

I'm glad for your class, too. Excellent idea (and great excuse) getting hubby to watch big sis.

That man's lucky for you, truly. He'll look back on these days and say, 'I'm so glad I got to know my kids.' It's why people work so hard, right? Happiness?
I hope the schedules get lighter the further along you get. And especially when Baby 2 is here! Those are some great days.
The days when you think, "I don't even remember just being a trio!"
I'm happy for you.
But stay healthy. Don't run ragged. *Not that me saying that will slow you down.
You're an awesome lady.
You're family is very lucky.

Jennifer said...

Golly, you guys are a good team, no matter what Ward & June might say.