Monday, October 09, 2006

bounce wit me

Ever get a draft or two going but just can't seem to get them on their feet to publish them? Seems I can't write about anything very well lately. And I don't mean dotting i's and crossing t's and all the grammar stuff, but just being able to comprehensively express an idea through writing. Everything seems jumbled and complex. Like it won't come together.

It's 6:40 and Steven just left for work. Packed his suitcase last night. He's going up to Phoenix today. The grand opening of new college of medicine campus is tonight. Of all trips we should have arranged to go up together for, this should have been one... but after our last trip to Phoenix it proved more trouble than worth, considering his work load, hours, and the effect it has on us all being up there. (It was fun, in most respects, but in others it was just difficult with a 14-month-old.) We collectively decided it would be best, especially for L, to stay here at home.

So today we're going on an inflatable date. No, not with one of those dolls; to one of those places. Some indoor inflatable wonderland. Going with our neighbor and her 22-month-old.

Hoping we can bounce all our troubles, worries, and sorrows away.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'll bounce! I'll bounce like Tigger! Have a fun inflatable date, ladies.

fineartist said...

I wanna bounce.

I wanna go to a big place filled with moon walks.

And big a$$ rubber slides that you bounce all the way down, laughing, trying to keep your shirt down with your boobs somehow wrapped inside. They never cooperate.

I want to bounce to the tune of The Love Shack on a big lofty softy pillow.

Man that sounds grand.

xx, Lori