Wednesday, January 17, 2007

blogrolling, scanning & other randomness

I've been meaning to vent my frustration with blogroll lately; I haven't been a member for more than a couple of months, and was at last lured in by its efficient means of notification of when a blog was updated. Figures the darn thing would go kaput after I got hooked on its convenience.

I've been slacking at visiting my usual blogs lately.
I've also been trying just to keep up with e-mails.
Feels as though I'm always behind recently.
It shouldn't be this hard.

But my mind is on other things right now, understandably, so I will attribute my technological related lull - and other shortcomings for that matter (particularly the laundry) - to that.

stinky feet and bird poo
1999 NYC central park
uploaded by sarahsflickr

an example of scanned 35mm color film


So my husband got me a scanner for Christmas and I've been having lots of fun archiving 35mm negatives. I still can't get over the fact that the scanner can scan negatives. How cool is that?! I've been trying to get a roll done every day or two; it's a time consuming process. So I figure 15 minutes a day will add up and eventually 3 years from now all of my negatives will be permanently digitized.


I'm a photo junkie.


You should see my photo album collection.


Hey! I should take a picture of it to show you!!


I'm brilliant!


Not really.

But not as non-brilliant as
these folks.

For all the suicidal people out there, forget the tedious task of hanging or prolonged process of slitting of your wrists... just drink a sh*t load of water!

Just kidding, just kidding.

Oh, and just a random aside: we were out to dinner last Saturday and heard over the course of our meal three words that incredibly fit together within the neighboring table's course of conversation for that evening: Gynecologist, beanie babies, and illegal drugs. Actually, that's five words, isn't it? Three things. Five words. You get my point. Pretty wacky.

5 comments:

fineartist said...

I loved this post, it's like having a talk with you.

Honey take it easy on you, we all get around this blog o shpere when we can, just knowing you are there/here, it's all good.

I think you ARE brilliant, certainly, yes.

Coyote Bebop got a new scanner too, he's been wild with it.

Nice little convo those peeps were having at the table near you. Heh.

xx, Lo

Rain said...

maybe they stuffed the beanie babies with the drugs, for smuggling purposes. Okay, wait, I am missing an important element. Gynecologists? Drug smuggling beanie baby invading gynecologist? sounds like a good plot to me.

Holly said...

Maybe some lady was taking illegal drugs, stuffed a beanie baby in her hoohah, and had to see a gynecologist to get it out.

Also, I think you're brilliant, too.

Also, also, since you've been slacking around the blogophere (you naughty girl), I should tell you that you must go to MY blog, and read MY most recent post, as YOU will most likely be dealing with the same situation in a few years.

Love ya. Can't wait 'til your little pervert gets here.

(you'll understand that remark when you finally do read my blog)

:) :) :)

Jennifer said...

Could you BELIEVE that shiznit in California? Moose came in this morning and told me there would be manslaughter or wrongful death charges. Can't say as I blame the family during this horrible, grievous moment, but the woman DID hear the WARNINGS, did she not? Ugh! PEOPLE!!!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Yes, it's all blogrollin's fault. Did you notice that one day EVERYONE had updated.
Smart asses.
I need me a better notification system.

That water story...very sick and sad.

And Holly needs to submit her idea to Grey's Anatomy.
Gonna go read about your wacky weather now.

Love, you brilliant gal.

(You're birthing a pervert? Hmmm. Will need to see Holly later on today, as well.)