Friday, the day after my birthday, was a special day. I got to meet the esteemed oochygoochygoo / she soliloquy / myrtle - daughter of the famous zilla - and her handsome entourage: freud and nugget!
We met at the local Tucson zoo at the giraffe feeding exhibit. It was so exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. I had never met anyone in person before with whom I had only known through long distance correspondence. But there was nothing to be nervous about; we got along marvelously. And let me tell you, they're all just as gorgeous - if not more so - in person!
We mozied around the zoo chatting about this and that and having fun seeing the kiddos reactions to the different sights and animals. Baby E, just one day shy of one month old, snoozed through it all. I regrettably didn't pick up my camera once the whole time after I met up with myrt, freud & nugget... something I will attribute to being a little nervous and consequently escaping my mind.
About halfway through South America I got tired and needed to plop myself down on a bench to rest. I think the heat combined with the walking - probably the most walking I've done since having E - got to me more than I anticipated it would. So our rendez vous ended there with fond farewells and good memories.
Thanks for meeting us myrtle, freud and nugget! We had fun with you and hope you'll visit sunny Tucson again soon!
9 comments:
Yay!!!
And Wow! Where is the time going? You met! That's so cool.
How are YOU?
I've been thinking of you.
(Going over to Mytle's photostream now with fingers crossed...)
LOVE!
Oh Sarah! I picked up Myrt & Nugget at the airport this morning so Freud could take their car to go take his exam. They were all so exhausted after the red-eye flight home, but one thing was absolutely clear: meeting you and the babes was a definite high point of Myrt's trip. I was SHOCKED that you drove 45 minutes with newborn E to meet them, not to mention that L's schedule was probably disrupted as well (I was a "scheduled" mom when the kids were small; Myrt is a "roll with it" mom). I'm amazed and JEALOUS! Wish I could have been there!
@ANGE - I'm doing pretty well these days. starting to get more sleep. the little guy is only waking up every 3 hours now, as opposed to 1.5-2. Myrt took some pretty pictures, eh? the color in that peacock one is so vibrant!
@Z - well, like I told myrt, it was not a big deal because where we live (outside city limits) it takes about a good half hour to get anywhere in town, so we're used to the ride. and it was soooo worth it :o) I'm not entirely a roll with it mom, nor entirely a scheduled mom, but somewhere in the middle. if I can get L down for her nap within an hour of two of her general nap time frame I'm happy enough. and we pulled it off well that day! I didn't have to drown anyone's cries out with music on the car ride there or back :o)
Hi Sarah, and happy belated birthday!!! How cool is it that you got to meet Myrtle? Very cool!! I'm jealous of the BOTH of you, teehee.
I'm glad things are going well for you, and you're getting more sleep. That's always a bonus!
Lot's o' the lovin' to you, Steve, little L, and baby E!
: )
Still can't get over how cool your meeting was. There will have to be a blog meet-up in Tucson.
Glad you're getting more sleep.
Big hugs.
Happy late B-day. Cool, you got to meet Myrt. I would love to meet all of my blogger pals. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!
Good to hear baby E and you are doing so well. More sleep is good.
Missed ya! I've been busy.
XXOO, Becky
I wanna meet YOU and MYRT, and the kids damn it I miss all the good stuff.
Sorry just had to revert back to a toddler and whine a little.
Heeeeeeee. We will meet some time in the future, I just know it.
love, me
Miss you.
Hi! Just wanted to write that I stopped by and enjoyed reading. The pictures were great also.
Patricia
Post a Comment