Friday, June 01, 2007

postmodern internal monologue

Choo-Choo!
Here comes the train of thought.
Are you ready?

One week from today, on June 8th, it will be my 2 year anniversary of this blog. Amazing how time flies, isn't it? I always make a typo writing
isn't it. It comes out as isn' tit more often than not. I type properly, with every finger on its appropriate key, but have some lazy mistakes I make habitually. I should really make the conscious effort to correct them. I guess they don't bother me enough.

I learned how to type properly in seventh grade. Considering how tumultuous times those were, I am surprised the typing class and its lessons stuck with me. Not much else did. Certainly not home ec, woodshop, or geography. But I learned to type well.

Perhaps I retained the ability to type because A) I enjoyed it and therefore B) I did it often at home. We had an Apple IIe. I typed silly things such as short stories and lists of things in the green font on black screen. Sometimes I printed them out on our dot matrix. I also enjoyed playing the game pacman off of a floppy disk we had. Back when floppy disks were floppy.

In case you haven't noticed this is nothing but a stream of consciousness post.

Everything is okay. Not great, not bad. And I can accept and deal with that right now. Steven still has a job, we still have a house, and we are dry, fed, clothed and going on with our lives so I really can't ask for much more. Steven seems to be getting better. He's actually come home from work somewhat normal and okay a few times this week. Hopefully things will stay that way.

He still hasn't been able to talk about it.

We went up to visit a colleague of his that's a friend of ours last weekend for a memorial day cookout. It was nice to spend the day in the company of others. Before we left that evening Steven and his colleague excused themselves and went into the living room and talked for the better part of an hour about work matters. Perhaps that helped. I hope.

I sometimes wish I could be of more financial help. I haven't been contacted to do a newsletter in many, many months.

I notice I take more pictures when things get rough. Perhaps it's because it gets me to refocus on what's really important. I also enjoy the digital dark room and personal photo lab outlet I find through photoshop. Perhaps I could get a job working from home color correcting, editing and fixing up photographer's portraits for final production. I can make zits disappear like you wouldn't believe.

I wish I could photoshop my face in the morning when getting ready.

I've been wondering if my face is too long and boring. I seem to always have my long hair tied back into a pony tail (yep, I've got little ones) and so I've started wondering if I should have something framing my face. Last time I had bangs was pre-highschool. I still haven't found a hairdresser I love here in Tucson.

We've lived here for three years now. Wow.
I actually joined blogger three years ago shortly after moving here. My first blog was called "Arizona Blog" and it had a whopping seven posts total.

Yeah... that's it.
Check ya later, man.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Sarah,

Your face is beautiful! You have gorgeous porcelain skin and long beautifully straight and perfect hair...and I know it's not because of photoshop - I've seen you in person, haha.

When Noah was about six months old I got tired of my long and boring always-back-in-a-ponytail-because-I-have-a-baby hair, so I went and got it cut significantly shorter. It looked great the next day for my driver's license picture (the lady at the Secretary of State even said "Hey, that's a good one!"), but after that, back into a shorter boring ponytail. Oh well. Now I am waiting for it to grow out again...

Anyway, glad to hear spirits are looking up. Hugs.

Myrtle

klk said...

I learned to type in seventh grade, yet we had a IBM pc at home and I totally remember the green font, lol! I type SO fast, and seem to make lots of freudian slips! oops! (like "i tit's")
I'm glad things are feeling better. Keep on, keepin' on my sister and email me if you wanna chat.
kristie wisepoet@charter.net

Sarah said...

thanks guys. you're too sweet myrt. and thanks for being such a great friend kristie. loves!

Holly said...

I also learned how to type in the seventh grade. How weird is that? It must be the Universe bringing us together in a big lovefest of typing togetherness. :)

As for your hair--please read this, this is very important. IF, you are going to cut your hair, cut it no shorter than your shoulder blades, or you could FREAK OUT, like I did. Second, IF, you are going to get bangs, make them long, and layered. Sideswept bangs are in right now, and you could always pull them to the side and secure them with a barrette if you want them out of your face. Overall, go for long layers in your hair. The shortest layer framing your face should fall a few inches below your chin/jawline. The longest layer should fall at least to your shoulder blades, like I said before. That way, you can still have the security of a pony tail.

Can you tell that I take hair very seriously? And your face is gorgeous, no more about that Missy. Anyhoo, what else was I going to say? I don't remember now, the hair talk consumed me. I think getting your hair cut could be good for you, though. It's like getting rid of a bunch of emotional baggage, isn't it?

love you

fineartist said...

Oh hon, I loved this post, made me realize how much I have missed you.

I learned to type in ninth grade, get this, on a manual type writer. You sort of had to bang the keys. Probably why I have man hands...heh, heh.

You are most divinely beautiful. I mean that. But do what you feel you need to do for a lift. I'm proud of you for thinking about it first. Always a wise decision, I know it's just hair but I also know how spontaneous decisions sometimes reep havic.

I've got to catch up on your archives...I hope Stephen is well, and you kids are okay.

hugs and lovin from mo, kiss the babes for me...

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Freaking me out a little, you. I could have written this post a few days ago, with the exception of the Arizona bits, and I didn't learn to type until high school.

Tom had a week or so of retreating to the garage to process his enormous new responsibility of home ownership.
And I shouldered the thought that if I was also making money, we'd discuss things more like partners, less old school 'Little House on the Prairie,' "Leave Pa alone in the barn for awhile. He's just worried about the crops not getting enough rain," type bullshit.
And we've had visitors galore who inevitably get to the point of asking, "So, what's next for you?"

What's next for me? Hmmm. Perhaps bangs?
Been a long time since I've had bangs.

WHY does there always have to be some huge NEXT hanging over our heads???
:)

I have a zit that could use shopped out at the moment, btw.

Last night I told Tom to wake me up in the morning so that I could get a run in before the kids woke up. Simple. I was flailing about how to get any stress relief me time in the midst of it always being kids or him time, and the only time is morning, so I'm starting off with that change, and seeing where it takes me. We find control where we can get it...because it sounds like our men are similar in how they deal with stress. Tom calms down when he sees that I am on top of my own life.
We're one soul, Jane. *If you get that reference, that will seal the point.
Things are gonna be all right, so long as we never lie down.
(except to sleep and do other fun stuff)

fineartist said...

I forgot to tell you that I especially loved the way you ended this post. Heh, yeah, check ya later man...so Sarah you've got a little bit of the silly willy in you...um hmm I see it, I knew it was there...a goyle can see these things....love love love, big love with a cherry on top!