Sunday, June 17, 2007

ramble on laptop

I like laptops. It's the portability factor.

The first computer I owned was a laptop. I had been working full time for a little under a year and had received a Christmas bonus. (Talk about a nice land for a first-time full-time job.) I used the money to put up for half the cost of the cost of a laptop - a brand who's name currently escapes me - at our local CompUSA. I have since come to realize that CompUSA sucks. But that's beside the point.

No; honestly, nothing is beside the point when it comes to blogging. The point is what you want it to be. My trouble is is that I have a hard time deciding what exactly I do want it to be. (I hate sentences with two back-to-back is's. But not enough to go through the trouble of re-structuring them.)

So... where was I?

Oh, right: laptops. I'm on our laptop right now. It's a Dell. It's nice aside from the fact that it has a Celeron processor. Celeron = slow as shh... molasses. But I really like it because it was free. Steven won it. Totally more than made up for all those times we never won anything. I loathe bingo.

And it's allowing me to type with a freedom I respect; the freedom to type wherever I choose to roam. Which, tonight, is next to my son's crib, where he currently lies sleeping. Steven is watching sports, and I just tucked our soon-t0-be-two-year-old into bed.

It was a good father's day.

I'm sorry for not being consistent with my visits since the little man was born. I haven't exactly been great in the time-management department. Prioritizing has never been a strength of mine. But I do pop in when I can.... I just am not apt to leaving notes these days.

I appreciate yours.

It was great hearing from you Holly and Lori this past week.
And it is always great hearing from every one of you. Always.

You make my heart beat and my world tick.
Thanks for that.
Until next time.

7 comments:

Misty said...

comp USA, Circuit City and Best Buy all suck.

I love my laptop too, but poor thing is in rough shape because i use it so much! I need one of those toughbooks they are advertising!

Congrats on the win! I don't know, the bonus, way back when, and your hubby's luck seem pretty good.

fineartist said...

Oh sweetie thang...it was so good to read you, and don't you worry about leaving notes on your trails, sh....stuff, we all understand, and how, for sure, um yeah.

I have been the worlds worst blogger lately, or longly, or something...anyway, I've been disengaged and trying to get my sh...stuff together. I think it's starting to work and I am finally beginning to get my voice back. My typing voice, for a while there all I could think to say was, "I'm tired, that's it, I'm just tired, wore smooth, etc...Then I realized if I kept telling myself that, that, that would be all there was of me, one big old smooth tired Lori, and we can't have that, no way. (I loathe it when I use the word that three times in a flippen row, but it seems to work here so I"m leavin' it.)

love to you and those babies too! Lo

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

What Lori said!

S.W.A.K.!

Holly said...

I love you. That's all. :)

Rain said...

I always think the best of you no matter how often we talk. You are a special person to me. Love you Sarah.

ron st.amant said...

I need a laptop...I could just as easily be refusing to study for my Roman Republic final tomorrow and instead blog-browsing from the comfort of my own bed rather than my stuffy office

:)

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Miss you.