Friday, August 03, 2007

many thoughts, much love

It's 10:25 p.m. and I should be sleeping. Especially after today, when I found myself asleep during the kids (now wonderfully common simultaneous) naps. But I'm not.

I'm downstairs (that makes me smile in and of itself since most people don't have two-story homes in Arizona... it's a back-east thing, and since we're from back east, we jumped on that thang!) and as I sit here typing I have two room monitors on either side of me across the room: MysterE's and Linguini's (yes, those are their nicknames, better known as E and L). I hear occasional murmurs from each monitor and jerk my head left then right again repetitively.

When.... oh when will I get the freedom of being able to go for long pointless walks again and paint seemingly unresolvable paintings again for hours on end?

I'm guessing it's going to be a few years.

I've missed you... it's so nice to be back again. And while I've been increasingly disciplined about posting regularly here, I haven't exactly been that good about leaving comments in your quarters. Building up to it. Work in progress. Ongoing improvement. And much love regardless!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

First time around, I used to draw during Moose & Myrt's simultaneous naps. Second time around, with the Eenas, I used to use their simultaneous naps for writing. What I like about writing is that there's not much to clean up afterwards :-)

Think of your artistic creativity as snuggled up in a chrysalis for now. When it emerges, it will have been worth the wait.

ron st.amant said...

Hey you keep your hands out of my quarters lady..I'm a married man!!!

synchronous naps??? where do I sign up for THAT!!!!

and I have you beat...it's 5:26AM here and I'm still not asleep...this is what happens when I'm left alone for the weekend :(

fineartist said...

You always make it around when it's important, and man do I remember what it was like to have two little ones at the same time...oh yeah.

love you, and thank you so much.

Teacher Laila Chris said...

I haven't been able to leave comments on others' spots either. My time gets shorter and shorter for having loads of work but I don't complain. I am glad to read your lastests, Sarah.
Wish you happy moments with your babies