Monday, December 17, 2007

because it's no fun doing it alone

'Tis the season...

I remember when I used to be able to fill the entire tank of my bright red V8 Chevy Camaro with $20.

Today I barely got half a tank with $20. Times they-a-change. I had a dream last week that it cost $88 to fill up my car. Now that's a scary thought.

I'll fill Vanna (my car) up all the way on Friday. Friday is payday. It'll be grocery day as well. Things are a little tight; we've been having fun getting stuff for those we love, and a couple special things for our selves, one of which we've been saving for for a very long time. How long is a very long time? Well, okay, we're not talking multiple years, but we are talking a full year.

And as for the title, I just wanted to thank those of you who keep on keeping on, blogging and visiting and all that stuff. Because, as it says above, it's no fun doing it alone.




4 comments:

Jennifer said...

:-) I should have at least said howdy last time I stopped in. I'm sorry I didn't. I always stop in when you've posted, and I look in on your Flickr whenever I spend time Flickring.

I drove a 1977 red Camaro from 1978 until I finally left home for good. FABULOUS engine! I'd bet my eyeteeth it's still running. It had an 8-Track player, which was SWEET! I have no idea what it cost back then to fill it because I was one of those spoiled brats who just put gas on Daddy's Amoco card :-)

If I didn't do the same for Moose, he wouldn't be able to afford to work.

Crazy times, these are.

I'm hoping we get to see your Christmas morning pics of sleepy kids in jammies opening a pretty package or too! (Can E rip wrap yet?)

ron st.amant said...

it is disgusting how expensive gas prices are these days :(

you've got the greatest Christmas gifts ever already- a lovely, happy family.

I'll always keep stopping in and saying hello...I think therefore I am, but I am therefore I blog!

Happy Christmas ::muwah::

Holly said...

Love that your car has a name, and that her name is Vanna. LOL.

You're a good girl, Sarah. I'm glad that you're remembering yourself this Christmas season, too, because you deserve it.

:)

xoxoxo,
holly hoo

fineartist said...

Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card, I can't believe those babies have grown so big.

Gas prices...don't get me started...I want a smart car, or maybe my fat ass needs to find a good bicycle...

love ya, mean it,
Lori