this blog is a place I post what is going on in my life if and when I get around to it. it serves no particular purpose other than to capture and collect my thoughts and ideas.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
goals
Let's be honest. I'm not going to make it to sixty miles to save the universe this February, nor am I fooling myself that I am. But that's okay.
Because a long time ago (okay, not really that long in the grand scheme of things) I promised myself I would never become as obsessive about running as I was at the time ever again. That means, no more than two miles per day. Or, okay, maybe three, tops. But no more ten-mile-a-day runs. That was insane.
Plus, I don't run on weekends. Period. Monday through Friday only. So, hypothtically, if I ran my maximum (2 miles) x 5 days a week, that still only means I would make 40 miles total a month.
I don't anticipate saving the universe any time soon.
However, so far as goals are concerned, I am quite disappointed about my fund raising thus far. I emailed twenty people I am quite connected with (friendship-wise) and haven't elicited a single donation yet.
Hmph.
Better start hitting up strangers in the streets.
Or figuring out a way to make some money.
Or figuring out a way to make this blog more popular.
(I'm sure a template update wouldn't kill me.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
2 miles 5x a week is puh-lenty!
Hang in there with the fundraising. Money's tight for so many right now. I'll probably end up doing a bottle and can drive to make offline deposits to my page.
Yeah, I'm having a hard time raising, as well.
It's early. On the other hand, I asked last year and people said, 'If only you'd told me SOONER. I could have raised more for you.'
It means a lot just having you on the team. Truly.
I need a template change.
A long time ago, I promised myself I'd get into the best shape of my life in my 30s. We Pisceans make a lot of promises to ourselves.
I might try to raise the bar a bit more before I'm through. Keep trying to do more weight training, ballet, and abs & butt, but running is the only thing I get to do when no one bothers me. I need the time out.
You understand it.
40's great. You know it is. Lula and I have late talking mama stress to work off.
And Hermione doesn't die. I thought everyone knew that, which is why I thought the joke would be funnier. Sorry that I caused the same distress for you that was caused for me when I read that spoiler three days before my book arrived.
Post a Comment