Friday, February 29, 2008

I have to

This is because I read it, and therefore, I have to:

Commanded from the almighty Zilla's blog: Grab the book nearest to you, open it up, and turn it to page 123. Write down the first 5 sentences on that page. Then tag 5 more people.

Well, the book nearest to me is the book I most recently completed, which is FIGHT CLUB.

Since most of my face never gets a chance to heal, I've got nothing to lose in the looks department. My boss, at work, he asked me what I was doing about the hole through my cheek that never heals. When I drink coffee, I told him, I put two fingers over the hole so it won't leak.
There's a sleeper hold that gives somebody just enough air to stay awake, and that night at fight club I hit our first-timer and hammered that beautiful mister angel face, first with the bony knuckles of my fist like a pounding molar, and the knotted tight butt of my fist after my knuckles were raw from his teeth stuck through his lips. Then the kid fell through my arms in a heap.


This book was a refreshing change of pace for me. I tend to gravitate to non-fiction, or fiction that is non-fiction-like.

Not to mention, the ending caught me completely off-guard. You are probably saying to yourself, what? what do you mean? You must have seen the movie!? But the funny thing about me is that I frequently don't remember movies I've only seen once. Especially if it has been a few years.
Really.

Okay. You're tagged. Do it.

(And I've got to go rent Fight Club now. Did I mention Edward Norton is one of my favoritest actors?)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad you did this!

I'm a bit disturbed that my interest is piqued by your five sentences...I mean Fight Club? ME? Scary thought.

ron st.amant said...

From "The Governing Crisis: Media, Money, and Marketing in American Elections", by W. Lance Bennett

'And the defense issue, what does it stand on? On the appearance of being a good leader, of course. And that appearance on what does it depend? Ah, there we have a big symbol showing moral superiority over the opponent. And beneath that symbol?'

Rain said...

I love fight club. Brad Pitt at the peak of his Brad Pittness!! Okay, I'll play.