a running log
I'll be updating this as I go along...
02.01 zilch (nice start, eh?)
02.02 1 mile (abbreviated neighborhood run)
02.03 1.5 miles (treadmill) powersong: third eye blind: motorcycle drive by
02.04 1 mile (abbreviated neighborhood run) powersong: 311: plain
02.05 0 (good grief! I met with my trainer today, and although I didn't run, the strength training has rendered me unable to run today. Ever hear of boulders? Ugh. Military push ups? Minute long squats? Or plank? And don't mention the wall-assisted hand stand... I'm so hurting today, and it's only going to be worse tomorrow.)
02.06 0 (still recovering... "every breath I take, every move I make..." I am thinking of jennifer, the one who did this to me. oh, the pain; or, shall I say, sting!)
02.07 0 (L is sick... again. fever. coughing. upset. I'm not making excuses, I'm just a little busy right now.)
02.08 0 (I really meant to today. really. my parents are arriving tonight in tucson from back east. getting ready! E's birthday party is the 10th!)
02.09 2.5 miles (booyah! I'm back! treadmill) powersong: filter: it's gonna kill me
02.10 0 (parents are here, throwing a party, e's 1st bday!)
02.11 0 (didn't get any sleep last night - we took L to the ER because she was very scary sick. she'll be okay; she was put on antibiotics and they got her fever to come down. took E to the regular doc later today to make sure he is okay. lungs and ears seem to be clear, so we're waiting it out with him.)
02.12 0 (now E is super sick, too. parents are here. still trying to do stuff in spite of the rampant illness overtaking our life)
02.13 0 (my mom is sick now. I haven't gotten sleep since saturday)
02.14 0 (HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! guess what I got? I'm in love!!!)
02.15 1.25 miles (I used this mile today to calibrate my new love - see above - have you guessed what it is? well, let's just say I was mistaken when I said my birthday would be the first occasion coming up for indulgence. my sweet man decided to indulge me with chocolates AND a nike + this valentine's day. smart man. eat the sweets, work it off.)
02.16
02.17
02.18
02.19
02.20
02.21
02.22
02.23
02.24
02.25
02.26
02.27
02.28
02.29
(Good thing this February has got an extra day)
GOAL: 60 miles (in order to save the universe)
TOTAL:
6 comments:
Do you have to collect pledges for this?
I've been walking at least one and a half miles every day that I work, I find that it lessons the pain in my butt, and I've lost eight pounds in three weeks. Bonus, I do love a bonus.
Nice to read your words precious mommy sunshine.
love,
Lori
You're ahead of me, Sarah! I have ONE miles to post today. And it was an itty-shay ile-may. But, whatever; if this is going to save the universe, I'm doing it. Tomorrow I'm not taking the dog with me :-) I'll exercise her separately.
So glad you're on board!!
Winner gets a wrist strong bracelet.
Hey hey, heheeee you crack me up. Minute long squats? Oh dear Lord, Jennifer is a sadist.
I've got nine miles in now, but no ipod to record my miles. Oh well, I've set up a side bar on my site.
xx
Pictures of your butt!!!
I'd like someone to make me hurt. So I tell myself.
I love how you're journaling motherhood alongside your exercising.
I was at a reading group a month ago, and this woman paid me a veiled compliment because we had the same shirt, but she didn't wear hers because she wasn't as thin as me and ...awkward pause, as we'd just met...and then she said, "That's what happens after you've had kids."
I didn't have the heart to tell her I have two of my own.
I'm more convinced than ever that post-child woman body is an incredible machine, taken proper care of, and that mother nature gave us tremendous strength and resilience, so long as we don't give in to the old myth that after the kids, it all goes downhill. To the contrary, I'm so much more in shape than I ever was, because nothing is more strenuous than labor, and I got through that twice!
Blabby today. I realize time is a factor, and sleep deprivation, but that's why families should come together and give mom time.
These kids only get bigger and faster, and we've got sixty more years with this body...so...
You're doing awesome!
I wish I had stock in Nike. I'd send everyone a chip.
And in Apple. Nanos all around.
How about that luladoo?? She's kicking ass. Another mother of two, by the way.
You got one!!!
So sorry to hear the kids are sick.
Are they better now?
Is your mom?
Glad you didn't get sickness for V-Day.
Methinks there must be a March challenge to celebrate.
Kiss to the kiddies.
p.s. Haven't been able to copy the book exchange, but I will get it done. I promise.
p.s.s. I was on Erin's heart walk team last year as well as the Indy team. No one minds if you aren't there to walk it. It's mostly about raising the money for the team. Thank you for joining! It means a lot to me. I had no idea I'd get so emotionally involved, but this year revealed a lot of concern among family and friends about heart related issues, and I'm glad to have something to do for a change.
You're awesome, also.
Glad you don't have to wait until your birthday. I was so happy seeing your name on the board.
Post a Comment