Where did it go? Well, if anyone sees it, please let me know.
Seriously, I can't believe it has been an entire month - to the day - since I've posted here. And what a last post to leave. Talk about a downer.
How about some uppers to help make up for it? Okay.

So the art and craft fair went exceptionally well. Especially considering the not-so-bright folks who orchestrated the event happened to schedule on the same day as El Tour de Tucson. (Think Tour de France except local.) I got great reception to my work and made great sales. Most of my sales were in greeting cards, so I am glad I thought of doing that and made a whole bunch. (Speaking of which, I still have to upload those to my shop.)

Hmm... aside from that I also got a few more sales on my Etsy site, so that has totally boosted my ego and cajones, too. Woot!
Zilla's last comment on my last post also prompted me to take up on a subject matter I haven't written about yet... at least, I think.
Meat.
So, in case you didn't know, I became a pescatarian (think vegetarian, except a pescatarian eats fish) back in the summer of 2004 when we moved out west here to Arizona. I took upon that lifestyle change as well as a couple others at the time, due to some misguided habits and a few health problems.
I was a fishy-vegetarian (:-P) for two years; that is, until my pregnancy with E prompted a change. Early on in my pregnancy with E I felt very different than before: the slightest activity was so physically draining beyond any compare. And not that feel-good expending energy of the exercise-type. More like incapacitated by sheer movement.
I had bloodwork done at my midwife's office and the mystery was solved - it was not me being a wuss or suffering from a weakness as a product of my imagination - I was anemic.
At first I tried upping my natural proteins: beans, soy products, nuts nuts and more nuts, seeds, legumes, grains, and lots of dairy. But unfortunately I was let down by either mother nature, my body, or a combination of the two.
I started reintroducing animal protein into my diet.
And that did the trick.
And ever since my fifth month of my pregnancy with Eli, I've been eating meat again. I don't eat it every day, but I do eat it.
I still stand by vegans, vegetarians, lacto-ovo-vegetarians, and pescatarians whole-heartedly. And I still believe that most of us could benefit personally and help our environment by eating less meat altogether.
Okay. That's it.
I'll try to write again before I've lost an entire month again!!
5 comments:
I stand by vegans, vegetarians, lacto-ovo-vegetarians, and pescatarians, and the one "poultratarian" (is there a real word for that?) that I know (he eats veg, and occasional free-range fowl, due to iron issues).
So few of the people I know who follow restricted diets by ethical or health-related choice are political or militant about it, which I truly appreciate.
I have to eat meat -- Witchdoctor's orders. I get tired of it. I'd often prefer beans or grains.
Hey, do you have Sheryl & Mel London's "The Versatile Grain and the Elegant Bean?" Fabu cookbook. I'll GoodReads it one of these days. :-)
I'd probably be healthier if I ate more meat. It's so unpleasant for me though. I've gone round and round with the ethics of eating so many times in my head. I don't like being an animal that needs to eat other animals to feel my best. I'd rather be a cherub. Speaking of cherubs thanks for the delightful Christmas card. Sorry for being a card dropout this year. Your photos must make gorgeous greeting cards, and the recipients will probably frame them.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
My daughter was a vegetarian for a while, then she started passing out so her dad made her eat chicken and turkey, we then called her a chick a turk a terian.
Sarah you are a beauty, and I love that poncho.
WoOt WOot on the art sales, you rockem mama!
lovey lovey,
Lori
And thank you for the beautiful Christmas card, I haven't managed to send any this year, because I sucketh. Heh.
Wow, went to your sight. Absolutely beautiful. Kudos on the sales!
Man oh man, I can't even imagine not eating meat.
Happy holidays!
I've been by a few times. Not sure why I keep forgetting to comment, but I linked your Etsy in my sidebar.
I hope it's going well.
Keep in touch, 'k?
And Happy New Year!!
Thanks for the beautiful birdie. Pickles checks on it every day.
I tell her to be very careful, so it makes it even more special for her.
LOVE.
Post a Comment