
Did I mention I really pushed myself on Sunday?
Yeah.
I can’t help but chuckle at how relatively comfortable all the runners look while crossing the finish line, where as I, above, seem so … um…. miserable? But that couldn’t be further from the truth; I was ecstatic. Just spent. Ten minutes after crossing the finish line the chills hit me. And I had a wicked coughing fit. Damn cold.
On top of getting sick, I really gave my muscles hell, so here it is Thursday and I’m still trying to kick this cold (or whatever it is) and my muscles are just starting not to be so sore.
I’ve had the sweats the past two nights and a wicked headache the past few days. I’ve been drinking lots of water, including Emergen-C and echinacea tea, and trying to rest as much as possible.
So I’ve been torn about whether or not to exercise. Up to now, just by listening to my body, I think it was wise to have taken the past few days off. But I think it’s time to do something. Even if it’s just a gentle run.
I’m looking forward to Crossfit on Saturday Morning and hopefully having most of this cold out of my system!
3 comments:
I don't know if he was right or not because I never had any interest in running competitively, but my dad used to say that in distance events, the first 90% was about pacing yourself appropriately and the last 10% was about pride, because when your pace challenges you appropriately rather than coddles you inappropriately, pride is what it takes to finish.
In any case, good on you, for turning your passion for running into a means to help others.
Congratulations on your first competitive run! Personally, I think you look great crossing that finish line.
I hope you're feeling better soon! (and I can't wait for my pendant! thank you so much!)
You rock! Inspiring. :)
Post a Comment