Well, here I am, back in the state I grew up in: Connecticut.
We got the seven years of snow that we missed while living in Arizona all on this first winter back. I'm sure glad I do weight training... shoveling ain't for the faint of heart.
So Mr. S is now working at UConn and we're renting a cute little dutch colonial just a hop skip and jump away from campus.
L started school at the public elementary school in town. Public schools in Arizona were 'eh' but here they're darn good and have great reviews, so I had no hesitation about her leaving Montessori to go to the more traditional school model.
E wasn't so lucky. There was a waiting list for preschool at said public school so he couldn't get in. So right now we're sending him to a daycare/preschool type place, which isn't exactly perfect, but it is something for the meantime. I might pull him out early, though, meaning before L gets out in June. It clearly doesn't meet the model that the Montessori school was committed to and I can tell. Shortly after our move, E celebrated his 4th birthday here in our new home.
I'm pretty much just me, still. The girl who makes sure all the laundry is done, there's a meal on the table, the dishes are cleaned, the kids are dressed and on time to wherever they need to go, the groceries get shopped for, the trash gets taken out, the animals get fed, and the house gets cleaned. My guilty pleasures aside from the unrelenting duties of being a mother and wife are my coffee, my books, and my new gym I found here. I've been doing Crossfit since January of 2009, and when I moved, I knew I couldn't settle for anything else. So not too far from our new home, I found a Crossfit to call home. What was extra awesome was their membership fees were SO much cheaper than my old one! So now I can go more often and for less money. And, I'll be damned, I've got muscles. I'd never imagine having a body like this. It's sooooooo cool! I can lift stuff, move stuff, and whip my two 40# kids around like nothin'. There's something to be said for being in shape! I just wish I had been turned on to this a lot earlier in life.
Which is why we've signed the kids up for soccer. Hey, they may love it, they may hate it, but I at least want them to have the opportunity to try things and find that love for being active as well. Their first soccer practice is this Saturday and I'm so excited! I'll be that mom with the camera on the sidelines :)
So spring finally came, there's color in our life again, and this strange sensation called "humidity" is becoming familiar once again. (Not to mention all the bugs that come with it.) We successfully survived our first daylight savings time change in 7 years (and didn't miss it a lick!) We are out in a fairly rural part of Connecticut, so there is wide open land and lots of farms. Occasionally traffic will stop for a giant snapping turtle (happened yesterday) or some chickens gone astray (happened last week). The kids are getting used to the odor of manure wafting through the air. (Their reactions are hilarious!) And I think overall we've adjusted pretty well. And that's the latest. I'll try and be a good blogger and check in more!




1 comment:
Can't believe E's four!!!
But so glad to read up on ya.
Hot damn on the bod, lady!!
I have to go now. Kids are hungry and they have piano in an hour.
(That's meant to be in solidarity with you and your role as the one who keeps it all together.)
Post a Comment