Thursday, August 11, 2005

babies are addictive

L is looking more and more like a baby and less and less like a newborn everyday. I am so grateful she's growing strong and healthy, but at the same time so saddened too! It is a strange bittersweetness: I look forward to her growing and every wonderful milestone yet to come; yet at each sign of growth and milestone I encounter I become reminiscently sad.

I realize now why people keep having children. Babies are down-right addictive!! Once you've have one, and they've grown, you want more!! You crave that baby-fix again. I can now completely relate to those wives who plead with their husbands to have "just one more." And I, too, am now one of those addicts. There is no turning back now...

It's just a good thing there isn't a mail-order-baby service. Then we'd really be in trouble!

1 comment:

Anna Banana said...

Babies are super addictive.... thankfully I've been getting my fill of nephews and neices which reminds me not to rush into the next pregnancy, however much I'm tempted to!