Saturday, December 24, 2005

special eve

A special evening indeed. As I sit here, content and pensive, I realize I have blogged more this week than ever. And this is the post that qualifies it being above average. You would think with a holiday on the verge I would be here less but, lo and behold, I am here more. Why? Perhaps it is the year ending soon that has caused me to be more reflective. Or, maybe it is that my husband is here sharing this special time with our family, and allowing me more moments than usual to fulfill the activities that soothe me: reading, walking, writing and painting. My daughter and he are asleep as I type.

So I write. Stream of consciousness leads me so I warn you (whoever is kind enough to care what I have to say) that this may not be entertaining, per se. All I know is that it is from the heart; authentic and true.

I love Steven. He is the best. I went to pick up a few last-minute things at the market just an hour ago and when I got home I saw that he picked up around the house. It is nice to know, that when time is afforded to him, that he will invest it in things I typically do everyday; that he cares just as much.

And you would think that I would dread going to the market on Christ-mas Eve. I didn't. Normally I take care of things in advance, but today I actually enjoyed submerging myself in the business of the holiday spirit and chaos. It was a pleasant positive chaos. It was a great experience.

And it was just as rewarding to come home to our beautiful house and my priceless family. Steven and L, sound asleep, dreaming.

L had grown so much this past month. From teeth to rolling over she is evolving; mentally, physically, spiritually. I am starting to see signs of reciprocated affection: arms reaching out to be held. And ever since about two weeks ago she has been making this high-pitched squealing sound that could shatter glass! It is so exciting to watch her learn what she is capable of doing.

And I am evolving, on no level comparable to my daughter, but just as significant nonetheless. I am anticipating attending a course at the university next semester (which is fast approaching). I continue to read and read and read. I am coming along with learning Spanish. (Which I study, devotedly in my car when I'm driving, and just maybe L will even pick up a bit of it.) And my biggest investment - to my daughter family and home - brings me the most pride. A feeling of assuredness and well-being.


And I am grateful for all of the people who have came into my life this past year. So many wonderful, beautiful, good-hearted friends. I have L to thank for many of my new connections (ah, the power of networking- mommies) and myself to thank for others. Blogging has given me a sense of community and appreciation, especially being a stay-at-home mom. I am immeasurably thankful for those of you I have met through such means. I am honored to know you, and I mean that. Wishing all of you much happiness this holiday and countless blessings in the upcoming new year.

xo
Sarah

p.s.
I'll be filling you in on the answers to the previous post sometime soon. Just waiting to see what everyone speculates.... and looking forward to it! :-p

3 comments:

fineartist said...

This was beautiful, and genuine just as you said it would be. I like that you appreciate your man taking pride in your home and that he does care enough to pick up when he can.

I love that you are so in love with your daughter and your husband.

I love that you are always learning and growing.

Heck Sarah, I’m crazy about you chicky! Xo, Lori

Teacher Laila Chris said...

Sarah,

As opposed as this post of yours, I have only published my Self-Portrait Tuesday photos. I'm on vacation and don't wanna spend much time blogging. I had been working way much and now, I deserve fully relaxation.

Unlike most of you, I am not a mother. I wish though I were. I can't wait to see my child's face.

However, just like you, I am also thankful for having met such incredible folks in this blogsphere. I've found, among my fellow bloggers, love, caring, respect, and true friendship.

I must announce that you are added to my favorite blog list... not only because of this post, but also because I've followed your latest entries and I can say that your words enrich my world!!!

Happy 2006
xoxo
Laila Chris

Sarah said...

you both are the best. lori - it is great to have met you and have you in my [blog] life :o) xo

laila chris - so happy you found me. love your SPT pics and blog - I'll be visiting lots in the new year!