Tuesday, January 10, 2006

personal history II

SELF PORTRAIT TUESDAY

Here is my second installment for January's theme of personal history. I really had fun with this one during nap times and fleeting moments of free time. Part of the inspiration for this came from an artist (Lorie Novak) featured on
SPT's site.

I took a little piece of some things that identify me: my art, photograph of a butterfly, and - well - self portraits. And wha-la... this is what I came up with.


This made me realize how much I miss working in graphic design. It's fun to have these SPT assignments, per se, to give me an incentive to be creative in the digital sense.

9 comments:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Honestly, this is amazing. I'm very very VERY impressed.
You keep blowing me away with these...

Teacher Laila Chris said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are very good at these things.

Jennifer said...

Stopping by via WriterMom. She's right. Very impressive. Great color & composition. It really draws you in. Keep it up.

Rain said...

That belongs hanging in a gallery :)

Sarah said...

does my art gallery blog count? hee hee!

thanks all... you really are too sweet.

Rain said...

You can draw hands and feet? Those are the hardest for me. Now I am really impressed.

Your work is fantastic!

fineartist said...

FANTASMIC Sarah....The backbone, there is strength in your work in so many ways. So structural and strong, yet subtle and delicate. Luminous. So you.

Deb R said...

I popped over via the link on SPT and this is just wonderful!

klk said...

Sarah, you are damn talented! I can't get over it!!! I am always amazed at what you come up with. Simply amazing work!!!