SELF PORTRAIT TUESDAYEmbrace your mistakes: Talk about a difficult and weighty challenge this month. I find myself peculiar in the sense that I will more readily open up to strangers sometimes more than I will to the people close to me in my life. I guess part of me doesn't want the people who matter most to me to see what's wrong with me. Whereas I know a stranger won't readily care or necessarily retain the information. Is this an unusual way to be?
To ease myself into this month's challenge I started off a little lighter; I will progress as the Tuesdays proceed this month to what I can muster the courage to bare.
From SPT site: "it is time to look deep inside ourselves and embrace and face our whole selves. I don't want to see any perfect images, any pretty studio like images, no perfect hair or makeup, get rid of the masks you use to face the world."
This is a picture of me when I was 5 years old. Certainly hadn't developed any masks to face the world yet so far as I can tell. If I had, they weren't in effect in our backyard. How do you like this underwear-shot Jamoker, Writer Mom & Dental Dad?
I was a strange kid in a strange world. At least I was happy given some of the circumstances of my life. It was mostly a good childhood, though.
P.S. The star on my right cheek in the photograph is most likely my emulating Rainbow Brite, I'm presuming.
2 comments:
...and who is your cute little ducky friend?
What you said...about strange, and mostly good. That was mine, too.
Always great to see you. ;)
*It occurs to me that Jamoker and Dental Dad will be put into an awkward position trying to respond to your underwear photo from when you were a little girl. Can't wait to see how they struggle through that! :D
Hahaha, yes, jamoker and dental dad may have a difficult time with this one, heeeeeeeeeee.
You little pumpkin pie, you. Dang you're cute! I love the way you are holding your panties on, heeeeeeeeeee. Looks like you had your mommas panties on, or maybe you were playing in the sprinkler and got yours all stretched out.
My daughter wanted to be "Wainbow Bwite" too, for a time back then.
I love this photo, and the challenge, well, it's an interesting one, dropping the masks. xxx, Lori
Post a Comment