I feel like I've got to get back to some place. (Not literally; figuratively.) I feel like I've been in a fog, living a bit half-assed, a bit lost. I feel like I need to pick myself up. Have discipline. Have structure.
I feel like I'm stuck inbetween two places. And I don't even know what they are.
It's 3:30 a.m. and I'm up; a nasty habit of mine. My hubby's convinced I'm still programmed on east coast time. Lived there for 24 years, he's probably right. I've gone through bouts of waking up around 3:00 a.m. ever since we moved here. And L ups the probability of their occurrence, when she cries because she's misplaced her pacifier. Then I trudge down the hallway, pop it back into her mouth, and *poof* I'm awake and she's back asleep.
I just realized I haven't been dreaming lately. Or that I can recall. Perhaps I need to dream more.
And speaking of dreams, thanks to LZ Blogger, I have gained new insight into a dream I had quite some time back that had perplexed me. In his post about Zion National Park he provided a definition of Zion - one that I had not found prior. Zion is an ancient Hebrew word meaning a place of refuge or sanctuary.
I believe I know what that dream was about, now. Yes, I believe my dream was telling me that I needed a place of refuge or sanctuary.
Do other people read into their dreams this much?
7 comments:
I do, I always have. I believe that dreams are a way for us to understand what needs to be focused on, and dreams have a way of foretelling the future. I’ve seen it happen too many times for it to not be so.
I’ve missed you sweetie, xxx, Lori
Oh yes, but haven't had any to read into lately!
Me me !! I have the very very odd occurance of my dreams coming true, which is both unsettling and fascinating. Perhaps I will recount them at some point. Lately, I've been having a very active dream life, but my memory hasn't been good.
In ref to your first comment, I have been feeling the same way. I crave discipline and structue, and it has been somewhat lacking in my life lately. I hope you find yours
I love dreams & dream interpretation. I think the meaning tends to be more obvious than obscure. I hate going long periods without remembering dreams. 3am is actually a common time for people to awaken -- it used to freak me out; not any more.
Hang in there!
I think dreams are very important. I also think the 3am wake up is a Mom thing, bad news is that you continue to do it when you have a snoozing teenager.
Absolutely. The lack of dreams, or remeberance is even significant. try and write them down AS SOON as you wake up. You will discover more about yourself than you know. I exhibit a lot of anxiety in my dreams and they tell me a lot about how I need to slow my life down or change something. It looks like you are in a similar place. I think now that your dd is older, you are reaching a spot where she doesn't need you as much and you are feeling that mother/artist pull, perhaps, that need for a "Room of One's Own" as V. Woolf put it...I think anyone creative goes through this...hell, I've been in that in between space for some time now! I hear you mama. You will find your sanctuary. Perhaps it is simple as being in your own mind.
loving you sarah!
kkr
I was going to say 'Let's call it a Pisces thing,' and then Truthseeker just pinned my issues while using the title of one of my favorite books! Hm. There must be a reason I was meant to read your post, neglect to leave a comment (thanks, kids) then come back a week later. To also receive beneficial insight from your beautiful commenters.
So how ya feeling now? Since you’re a week ahead of me in thought. Have you gotten inspired to create?
(Throw me a bone. I need a bone.)
Post a Comment