
This entry was prompted by a recent post by truthseeker on symbols that appeared in a dream of hers. It reminded me of this dream I had almost 9 years ago, because it had a lot of the same symbols, and a lot more.
To briefly explain this extensive recollection, I used to keep a dream journal - nearly daily - from 1996 through 1999. The entries are not the most fluid or well-constructed, since they were typically done as quick recollections after having immediately woken up and before I started my day. So if this is choppy and nonsensical, please accept it, for that is its nature.
I have also included an oil painting I did in 2003 based on this dream.
--------------------------------
I was at school really early. The school looked really twisted, evil, beat-up. Ms. Mudry (who always bugs Rick to get in the classroom even way before the bell has rung when I go to say hi), starts yelling at me to get in homeroom. But the janitor is right in front of it cleaning up crap and it smells really bad so I leave.
I run into Marie and we decide to walk home because school is over. I forgot completely that Sean gives me a ride home. Marie writes something down for me really fast and I admire her neatness. We take a verse from a song to decide when we will meet again. It was sometime Sunday morning around 11.
I continue to walk down Huntington Avenue home, only when Marie and I part it is no longer Huntington, but its the main road where Robert Taylor works in Shelton. I keep looking to see if Sean drives by.
I step behind a bar/grill, go through the parking lot and behind a stone wall in the back and light up. But none of my cigs have tobacco in them. They were just paper and filters.
I end up in the bar. My mom and dad are there. Mom complains how the bar made the people take an oath to keep a designated driver. So she wasn't drinking. She said to dad, "Better make this worth it."
It wasn't just any bar all of a sudden. It was a popular one - like "Hard Rock" or "Harley Davidson". So dad goes "We've got no more of this... this is gone... have this." He gave me a wine cooler.
Suddenly it is a family event in our kitchen and Grandma looks at me funny for having a wine cooler. I have some left over pizza. I go to the french door and look out, Uncle Denny is next to me, and it isn't our house anymore - it's a house on the beach, and we're looking out on the water.
The sky is doing weird stuff. It looks hyper-color-like. A group of people come by to demonstrate a show and leave when the sky breaks open. Uncle Denny and I watch the weather. Rainbows come and go rapidly sweeping across.
GIANT flys are in the sky with magnificent colors generating around them, as if the sky were sensitive to their presence.
I go outside and put my hand up to the sky, and it feels like my hand is in a lake. And the sand feels so smooth. I see ducks in the sand; I put a blanket of sand over him so he can take a nap.
I see a three-armed creature and a grey cat with green eyes on a milk crate. I pet him.
THE WORLD HAD CHANGED.
6 comments:
How's it going, Sarah???? I've missed you a great deal!!!
Be back more times now...
Your dream's like a Kaufman screenplay. (I think it's Kaufman who wrote Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind--which I love).
Incredible writing.
I loved this. Truly.
And you OIL PAINT!! Always wished I could oil paint.
I paint my dreams too Sarah.
This painting is marvelous, absolutely, so surreal.
Let's see you were around seventeen when you had this dream, I'll bet your world was changing then too in reality.
xx, Lori
The painting is amazing. It truly captures your dream. I don't believe there are universal symbols that can decipher every person's dreams. I feel you have to figure out what the symbols mean to you.
I do think Lori interpreted this dream rather well. At the age of seventeen your not a woman or a child, your evolving drastically. (Kinda sounded like Alice Cooper's song Eighteen. heehee. You may be to young to remember Alice.)
Becky :)
Trippy dream, Sarah! Your painting's even cooler enlarged. (ENLARGE the painting, everyone!)
Hi Sarah,
I had never done a meme before. Apparently, I was supposed to tag three people. I only tagged one. Whoops! Zilla tagged me to write about 3 pairs of shoes. One ya wear the least, one the most, and one that reveals your secret self.
Could ya help me me out? Do ya wanna play?
Becky :)
Post a Comment