
I feel like I've been in chronic 'go' mode myself. Actually, I know for the large part I have been. When I finally allowed myself to sit down on the sofa Friday around noon when both kids were simultaneously napping (can I get an amen?) I crashed. L and I had just eaten lunch and I allowed myself to let go. To just stop. Not to put in a load of laundry, not to clean up the kitchen, not to pick up the house, not to you name it. And I was out for the count for two and a half hours - the entire sum of the kids' naps.
I felt groggy and jet-lagged the rest of the day, though. Sometimes it's easier to just keep pushing yourself than to cave into exhaustion.
Caffeine: My drug of choice. I used to have a button that said that that I wore on my backpack in highschool. Actually, I carried more of a satchel than a backpack. It was a cute satchel, not a frumpy satchel. I often had a water bottle stashed with peppermint schnapps in it, too.
Sorry for the aside.
I'm just happy I'm back here writing. Seems as though I've avoided writing here because I felt I couldn't get my thoughts cohesively organized enough to say something decent or interesting, but then I realized, when have I ever been interesting? Who gives a crap? I should just write for the sake of writing. Get back to doing things that make me happy and enrich my life. Something other than wiping poopy butts.
Speaking of enrichment, I've been powerwalking everyday in the evening. I'm working out formally with my exercise class once a week (as I did postpartum after L's birth as well), but the rest of the week I've taken it upon myself to get up and go-go-go with the kids in the double stroller and powerwalk a mile or two a day. Ange was a big part of my motivation. Have you seen what that ambitious pirate has been up to? Damn admirable, I'll say.
Even more admirable yet is the booty she sent my way for my wee scallywags. I went to being down to just a few outfits that fit L to a whole bounty of clothes. Yippee! I can put off the next load of laundry a little longer now :o)Alright, this installment will have to do for now. I'm going to be better about blogging more regularly again. And my next hurdle will be to get back to visiting and reading your blogs, too. Sorry. Truth be told, I haven't even picked up book (aside from my desperate read of Toddler 411) in the past couple months.
(P.S. Working on the book thing, too. Recently picked up a memoir called The Liars' Club.)
3 comments:
Hooray for not caring about being interesting *throws confetti around* Glad to see you (read you?) around again. I'm intrigued by the peppermint schnapps reference, but I shall leave it at that (rumplemintz? i don't know if that is how you spell it, I once drank a shot of that lukewarm, after sharing an entire big gulp-sized cup full of rum & coke, heavy on the rum, can't stomach it since). Heres to hoping you have more 'un' go moments :)
Nice to see a post from you. You sound busy and happy. You deserve all the naps you can get. I love to see your pics. Your family is beautiful!
hee!
I got a hit from flushing, ny from someone who did a query in google with the search words:
"satchel big enough for water bottle"
:o)
they must have been disappointed. best of luck in your quest for a satchel big enough for your water bottle!
Post a Comment