Note: This post is child-development oriented. You may be disinterested or become bored by the contents.
L is blowing me away lately. Her comprehension, problem-solving skills and use of vocabulary seems to expand by leaps and bounds every day. It's the big-boom of language development. A language explosion.
Just a couple days ago, while giving her a bath, she was playing with her two mermaid dolls. She now conducts imaginary conversations between objects like dolls and figurines; she has imaginary conversations on her pretend-telephone. It is the most entertaining thing to witness. And she will repeat words she has never said before, trying to say them to the best of her ability, and sometimes accomplishing the pronunciation quite well. I said, "Are you having fun playing your mermaids?" and she replied, "muh-mays!" It's stuff like that that is making me do a double take.

And speaking of baths, there have been a lot of explosions in that department as well. This is a photo of her having a splash with the two muh-mays in her hands :o)
E has been busy with explosions of his own. I don't know how the boy does it, but his poo manages to defy the laws of gravity. There's an entire diaper for him to empty the contents of his bowels, but somehow he always manages to propel it upward and out the back of the diaper, soiling his lower back, the back of his outfit and making diaper changes quite difficult. We change outfits several times a day.
The now 9-week-old little man is also talking up a storm having a language explosion of his own; it has been coo-heaven. Oh, how I adore babies. Here is a video clip of a conversation we had yesterday during L's nap:
Sometimes I get this awful anxious feeling when things are good in life, like things going well scare me. I feel it deep in the pit of my stomach, this strange unease. I don't get me.
1 comment:
God/Goddess love those babies of yours.
Darling darling babies.
I know that feeling too, waiting for the shoe to fall. I do, I know it well, but hon, just let the good wash over you and let the other go. It has something to do with the imbalances and past experiences, but we control our own destinys now and we can talk ourselves out of the irrational feelings of doom for the most part anyway.
love you, Lori
Post a Comment