The will is never free - it is always attached to an
object, a purpose. It is simply the engine in the car -
it can't steer.
Joyce Cary
This week's horoscope:
You might just get the thrill of a lifetime on Wednesday, sarah, when one of your most cherished wishes is granted. The Moon in Taurus trines Jupiter in your sector of hopes and wishes, and you find that patience is a virtue and all your efforts are rewarded, when one of your long-held dreams is realized. On Friday, the Moon in Gemini in your sector of home and family squares Saturn in Virgo and you will need to muster your stamina. You will find that your attempts to be organized at home backfire and you may struggle to accomplish all the activities on your to-do list. If you manage to check one item off your agenda, you may consider yourself blessed. You will be glad to see the weekend roll around, when you can spend more time sorting out all the errands and home projects you left unfinished. On Sunday, the Sun enters Aquarius and your sector of intuition and unconscious thoughts and you will find that your intuition and sixth sense, always high, becomes even more pronounced. Trust your inner voice more than ever before, and pay attention to your nighttime dreams. Consider writing down your dreams when you wake up, so you don't forget them.
And so, on that note....
Yesterday, Wednesday, I DID get one of my most cherished wishes granted. I got 7 hours uninterrupted sleep that night! E slept soundly in his crib from 7:30 p.m. through 2:30 a.m. and I was nothing short of ecstatic. Well-rested kind of ecstatic. Oh yes!
But, unfortunately, last night I learned old habits die hard, and the little guy was up at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 2:30, and 5:30.
I've been trying extremely hard to sleep-train him, seeing as he does wake up frequently during the night, and has shorter-than-average sleep cycles; it is imperative he learns to self-soothe and be able to get himself back to sleep. Because if I keep having to do it, I'm going to lose my head.
This would be a fitting time to thank Ange for her passed-down No Cry Sleep Solution book that has proved immeasurably helpful in this matter. I realize how lucky I was now with L; she never gave me grief. I actually wrote the author to express my gratitude and won a complimentary copy of the No Cry Discipline Solution - complete with autographed note on the inside cover - which should come in handy with the preschooler in my life! I'm accumulating quite the library of parenting materials this day; seems as though I have a reference for just about every situation. Just about.
And finally, honoring the last bit of my horoscope about noting my nighttime dreams, let's see what you think of this one. Last night I had a dooms day kind of dream. Think Day After Tomorrow, War of the Worlds, and Pompeii all put together, except without the snow or aliens. Yes, there were volcanoes. Mass evacuations. Dead bodies. Chaos. disorder, panic. And somehow, on some level, the twin tower catastrophe was related to some degree. That was an enigmatic element, not just to me, but to all characters in the dream. That, and prior to the doom-filled-day, someone from some eastern cuisine restaurant was trying to poison me, by which I mean kill me.
Eeek.
Maybe E is trying to keep me from sleeping for a reason.
4 comments:
Yikes! Maybe you're just feeling a little overwhelmed?
E & L are lucky. I never heard of the No Cry Solution, and therefore, when I felt the babes had enough fat stores to be able to make it through the night without starving to death, I just let 'em cry it out; short, sweet, and heartless, but it was effective. Myrt would probably say that's why they all developed attachment disorders later in life. She might be right! Keep up the thoughtful, respectful, gentle parenting, woman. You're the bomb!
We had the family bed for those three pumpkin pies of mine. I'd just drag them back to bed with me, put a boob in their mouth and carry on sleeping, until they were weened then they'd search me out in the night, crawl in and blissfully pass out, usually with one of their feet in daddy's face and their elbows in mine.
I don't really recommend the family bed now that I think about it, but it worked for us.
We had to bribe Samps to stay in his bed though, when he managed to stay in his bed at four he got a dollar for every day he succeeded.
Big love honey!
We were family bedders like Lori. That decision was made the first night we brought Jack home, when Tom and I looked at one another, looked at how far away the crib was and I said, "I have to hear his breathing," so we put him in his car seat between, then got braver the next night, him asleep in my arms. I think I got a lot of sleep because of this, so always bow out of discussions about how exhausted every new mom is.
Both kids do a good job of sleeping in their own beds. Especially Jack. When he's tired, he's out, but thankfully sleep walks when he has to go potty, so neither of my kids inherited my bedwetting.
As for our horoscope, don't recall anything out of the ordinary on Wednesday. I'll have to think back. Maybe my dreams came true, but I won't find out about it for another month or two. Seems to be the way of it.
Friday was smack on. I had so many plans, but Thursday night's first meeting for me at a woman's reading group really shed light on how anti-social I'd be come because of isolated myself throughout the Jack experience. So many nice ladies and I was tongue-tied. I'm like that anyway, believe it or not, but I was up late thinking about it, and so spent Friday zonked out on Flickr.
I'm hopeful this weekend will get things reorganized. I'd be happy with a few clean carpets and some stinky pots finally scrubbed.
I'm glad the sleep book worked for you. Really cool you got such a nice response. I once got that email from Thomas Sowell and was incredibly impressed that an author would take the time to acknowledge a reader.
We're supposed to have a good year, it looks like. Check out my latest post if you don't believe me.
And I hope all good things are going on for you folks.
Wow, Sarah, I'm so glad that you were able to get some sleep. I know what a real treasure that is. Not sleeping is definitely one thing I'm not looking forward to with this new baby. And what a terrific thing to get a response like that from the author of that book! Sweet!
Matthew also slept with me. When he was born, it wasn't really a matter of choice as I couldn't afford a crib. But now he's five, and still sleeps with me. I wanted to be able to share a bed with the new baby this time around too, but was worried about Matthew rolling over on her or kicking her somehow. So I've opted for a co-sleeper. I've found a great one from Arm's Reach, and I'm really looking forward to using it. :)
Take care, Sarah, and be well.
xoxoxo,
holly
Post a Comment