scared.
front door.
caught between
screaming.
spit.
raging.
hurtful words.
she grabs my arm
"we're leaving."
control
lost.
driving.
trapped next to
chaos.
scared.
parked car.
wanting to
be anywhere
but here now.
passenger seat.
watching birds.
uncertainty.
trapped in a
moment.
scared.
2 comments:
Twenty-four years ago.
Wow.
And here you are, beautiful you ...
Amazing, isn't it?
I came in to comment last night, and then I thought, I have to think on this a while. So I got up and made a bunch of deviled eggs for the man's Talladega party, that I might even go to for a couple of hours, of course I'll have to go back and pick his soused butt up at the end of it, but that's neither here nor there, whatever that means.
Anyway, then I thought, I'll just lay down for a minute, and that's all I remember. So I guess I have slept on it, that's it, I put myself to bed to sleep on it because I have a lot of stuff filed in this old brain of mine and sometimes I have to sleep on it to find the right file of reference.
Not that I couldn't find some reference when I read this, because I could, I suppose I just couldn't figure out how to put words to the feelings, but you did, you put them out there and I know from experience that that does help, putting them out there.
Being grown up is so much better than being a kid, that's what I tell myself when I remember memories like these. The helplessness, the fear, the wondering what you/I may have done to bring it on, when in hindsight we know that it may not have had a thing to do with us, but we were there to receive the insanity.
Hugs and love to ya Sara, and let it out, it can't hurt you anymore.
Post a Comment