Monday, April 13, 2009

writing, releasing, returning

Our experience and our past shape who we are today. We can not change that which has happened, but have the power to change our present and what lies ahead.

I am going to make a point to come here and start writing again. I had been reading The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity but had put it down because I hadn't been keeping up my fair share of the work. (It is a workbook of sorts that requires the reader to do the exercises entailed in order to reap the benefits of the book.)

It dawned on me that while I may not wake up an extra hour early every morning to write my "morning pages" (a requirement by the course book) I can make it a point to come here and at least try to write - albeit type - a little more regularly.

I have appended a poem I wrote about a month ago. It is a reflection of my past. The past that has shaped me; from which I have emerged; to which I refer back to as a lesson of how I wish to proceed now. Sending love and positivity to all of you. I've missed being involved in your lives.


filled with hurt, hate,
regret, shame.

she shut herself in
and freely gave blame.

corrupted her temple
to mirror her [baneful] soul

poisoned herself daily
youth fast growing old

deterioration ensued
warnings abounded

those near watched on;
fears were well founded.

filled with foreboding,
loneliness, addiction

she woke up in a web
of sticky affliction.

2 comments:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Your poem's really intense, which makes it difficult for me to cheerfully type, "So happy to see you back!!"

I'm having a hell of a time keeping up any more, myself. For one thing, the kids are too darn interesting.
I read through the archives a few weeks ago and it really came over me, how fast this time has gone since I started blogging. I'm grateful for everything I managed to put down about the kids, but with Pickles starting Kindergarten next fall, I'm feeling a bit desperate to cram in quality time.
Tell myself I'll be on top of everything in six months, which I know is crap. It's never a dull moment.

Anyway, I'm always glad to see you.

(My comments are getting pretty pathetic! Geesh. Rusty.)

Sarah said...

thanks, ange.
I love your comments, whether they are rusty, or well-lubed.

and a cheerful welcome back is received in spite of the poem :-D