Well, it seems as though something I tried yesterday worked. You see, after I published to my site yesterday, I was unable to see my blog any longer. I kept receiving the message "broken" with an error code.
The last time I had posted was in 2014. In the past, I had heavily
customized my blog here, utilizing the access to the HTML to modify all
sorts of things. But throughout the past years, Blogger has done away with this freedom,
and streamlined its available templates to offer more uniform and
simplified options. (Boo.)
After a bit of trepidation and a lot of research, I tried all possible options to recover this blog. I didn't think I was having any luck. I was still getting the same page - not my blog - but an error message. Either bX-7zrrp or bX-m6wgkd or something in that error family.
So I did what I considered as my last resort: I exported my blog to an .xml file and imported it into a new blogging site: wordpress.
Well, today I cleared my cache and cookies once again, and .... shocker! Qué Será Sarah appeared! All of the custom HTML formatting was gone - custom pictures, links, widgets - you name it - and it was restored to a default template (a desperate attempt made yesterday to get my blog at least showing up again) but - my blog was here! My precious memories spanning back to 2005.
So now I have a duplicate blog at wordpress made out of fear this one was gone forever. But, since it is not, I will pick up where I left off here, in spite of the crappy templates and lack of customization.
It's good to be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment