It’s been over three months since I’ve checked in. I’m happy to
report my overall mental state has improved from a few months ago. Chalk
it up to the nicer weather perhaps?
I’ve had starts and stops to starting running again. It hasn’t been
consistent. Meeting at local running shop’s for running groups is
helping. The one thing I am incredibly grateful for is that the injury
in my right foot that was plaguing me last year hasn’t made a
resurgence. I have good running shoes, good orthotics, and I’m being
good and careful.
Regardless of what I try to do, having a 2-year-old does make it all
the more challenging. Now that the older two are out of school for the
summer, I haven’t been making it to the gym as I’d like to.
Admittedly, the end of June/beginning of July was a low point for me ,
but I’m on the upswing again. Eating better, trying to exercise more,
and trying to do enriching things… like reading books, gardening, etc.
Trying to take care of myself. And not check out.
Which is why I’m checking in.
Going to make a goal to do that more.
No comments:
Post a Comment