A continuum of life:
There is such real pain in this world
and such true happiness
And there is the unique human ability
to develop a powerful indifference
For those who choose to feel; to care
They will be tortured and pleasured
experiencing the emotional radicality of life;
The full range of this sensational spectrum
And for those who do not,
They will live short of life;
Shy of living
Somewhere - quite lonely - outside this
rich, extreme and beautiful continuum.
_________________________________
It is my belief that powerful indifference emerges when someone is trapped on the extreme side of the continuum - opposite of true happiness - the end of the continuum where real pain is - and can no longer withstand to feel anymore. A coping mechanism. From depression to indifference. I don't know which is worse. Actually, no - I do. Indifference is worse. When one stops caring about anything and everything, what point is there in living? It is a form of death. I wonder how many among us have experienced this discomposing state. I wonder if and how these people ever came back.
My brother is there now. I was there at his age too. Must run in the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment