This is a picture of her wearing what directly translates as "bathing clothing". It is traditional for babies to wear. When they are older they wear bikinis, but since infants don't go swimming, they wear bathing clothing.Stephanie also got her a couple pair of adorable shoes, which she said are quite affordable with the favorable exchange rate. They are for when she gets older, but in the spirit of celebrating her new exotic gifts, I also took a picture of her wearing them:
I've enjoyed following Stephanie's experiences in Brazil over the past months through her blog. We had fun talking this afternoon and catching up. I told her about Steven, L and my trip to Scottsdale this past weekend in celebration of our anniversary. We stayed at a beautiful resort called Caleo. When I had told her last week about where we were staying, and she had commented how absolutely gorgeous the place was, and to get a spa treatment for her while I was there!I told her this afternoon that I didn't end up getting a spa treatment... I just couldn't imagine dropping a hundred bucks on a massage!! I told her how I would prefer to use that money on something tangible and lasting - like a piece of furniture, for instance. That is when Stephanie told me something I won't soon forget: it is the experience we remember. Thirty years from now I may not even remember what this house I live in looked like. It's our experiences that stay with us. And she is so right...
1 comment:
oh my gosh. SHe's just so darned cute in that "bathing clothing"! My hubby and I laughed over her picture for a good 2 or 3 minutes.
Post a Comment