And February is here my friends. Sorry for going missing...
UPDATES
Me & My Man: Steven had an appointment with the doctor yesterday to go over the MRI. Much to our disappointment, he did tear his ACL. He will most likely be getting surgery this early spring. Hey - at least both of his knees will be equal now. Equally screwy!
A Letter to an Old Friend: My friend did, in fact, write me back. It was a bittersweet and welcomed make-up after all the years past. We have been in touch via e-mail regularly since. It has been an enriching and cathartic experience.
NEW STUFF
One of the reasons I've been busy is because at the end of every month I produce a newsletter for a university back east. I've had the job since I lived back in Connecticut and have been able to maintain it thanks to modern technology after my move to Arizona.
I've also been brainstorming ways to help augment our income as a stay-at-home-mom. I took a big leap and decided to take a chance on something I'm quite familiar with and have used and loved for over five years now: Mary Kay. Yep, I've signed up to be one of those cosmetic-peddling ladies. Hopefully it will go well and help us out a little. I set up a website, too, seeing as a lot of family is out of state. So, if you want some stuff come and get it, I'll ship for free. And I'll love you unconditionally for conditioning your skin through me :o)
IN DREAMS
Last night I had a very vivid dream. The army was recruiting stay-at-home-moms to go and fight the war. I found myself in Afghanistan and everyone in my unit had been killed except me and one other. I decided to bail before my life was taken, too. I was then kidnapped to be used as a slave by a family. They duct-taped my face and fed me nothing but a single orange. I snuck out of the house and pretended to clean around the doorstep, and when they weren't looking I made a break for it. I had a bath-towel wrapped around my head to hide my hair as I tried to blend in. I looked down in fear that someone would notice I was an American with a bath towel on my head. I finally found a group of 2nd graders who amongst them was an Chinese-American girl. She waved to me as her long shiny black locks flowed elegantly behind her. I went to her and in my raspy voice pleaded, "Take me to your teacher." I then told her teacher that I had been fighting in the war, been taken captive, and escaped. "Help me!"
Woah. I felt really stressed out when I woke up.
13 comments:
Yeah, whoah on the dream there.
Does Mary-Kay sell stuff that guys use? (I've not looked at the site yet) 'cause that's about the only way I'd be able to support that venture.
BTW, my first grade teachers' name was Mary Kay Lips.
So not kidding about that.
Mary Kay Lips???
There's a connection there, somewhere.
Sarah, DO NOT watch the State of the Union Address before going to bed EVER AGAIN.
That was a Margaret Atwood novel dream. Yikes.
I do like oranges, though.
...and sorry about hubby's surgery.
Good news for you, I am a cosmetics aholic! I will be stopping by. My impression of your dream is that you feel a whole lot of weight and worry on you right now. But I also loved Writer Mom's insight :)
gabe: mary kay lips? you have got to be kidding me. That is one heck of a name! and yes, mary kay does have a line of some seriously good smellin' manly-man stuff :o)
writermom: good advice. forgot to take into consideration how my political pre-bedtime viewing could impact my quality of sleep!
rain: thanks for being a cosmetic-aholic :o) looking forward to sending you some stuff! and I have a feeling your impression of my dream is right on...
who wants to go on a vacation? I sure as heck could use one...
Checking in again. You must be getting ready for your Super Bowl party. :)
I liked your mary kay site. It was fun to pick someone with my coloring but way prettier and younger and then click makeup on her. Fun!
Your dream, you would need sleep to recover from all of that work and worry, if you weren't afraid to sleep afterwards.
This war is heavy on all of us, yes?
Bummer about the surgery.
xo, chicky, Lo
writermom... oh, I wish we were having a superbowl party. or any party for that matter - I have such an itch to entertain!
rain... ya - isn't that sooo cool? I love that interactive feature... a virtual makeover if you will :o)
fineartist... tell me about it! some mornings I wake up more exhausted from sleeping because of my dreams.
happy superbowl sunday to you all. I'll get my butt into gear and post again soon!! xo
I need a party.
Okay, I just need chips and dip.
And some really good lotion that helps smooth out Tom's alligator knuckles. I feel so sorry for him. It's because of his rubber gloved occupation.
What do you recommend??
WM - with out question: satin hands. when I was doing ceramics everyday as an undergrad my hands got really dry and cracked working with wet clay all the time. I had no clue rubber-gloved folks had their woes as well! satin hands really helped me a lot. there are four steps that work all together, but if hubby wants to simplify I recommend at least sticking with the three most important: the buffer (to exfoliate the rough skin), the cleanser gel, and the hand cream (for strong lasting hydration).
((I'll be looking for you tomorrow.))
I feel so loved!!
Post a Comment