Tuesday, July 25, 2006

turning one & more fun

1-year-old. I can't believe a year has gone by already. And before I know it I know another year will go by, and another, and another.

L's party was great. It was a luau here at our house that also secretly doubled as our first house-warming party, too, since we'd never had any decent amount of people over to the house since we moved in.

Lei's, pinapples, piña coladas, pool floats, tiki torches, margaritas, grass skirts, burgers and dogs, sunblock and slushees. We even had a palm-tree-piñata that we forgot about. But a few of my friends with older kids (3 and up) ended up not being able to make it, and they were our prime piñata-destructing candidates.

Now we have a stuffed palm tree piñata in our living room that we don't really know what to do with. Any ideas?

After the exciting chaos of the party on Sunday we still had a good four days with my parents here with us.

One thing we did was drive up to Mount Lemmon. I love it there. Lush forest, magnificent rock formations and a break from the heat of the city makes it a great retreat.

We headed out the door around 11 am. But not before my parents had a quick glass of wine. "It's noon somewhere" is their motto. We packed some snacks that were leftovers from the party.

I got sick on the way up, but I really think it was my 'last hurrah'. I'll be 12 weeks along as of Friday and am really starting to feel much better!!

The rest of their stay we just did fun little outtings around town and spent quality time together hanging out at home by the pool. They really enjoyed laying out in the backyard reading, sunning, drinking, swimming, and watching L swim, seeing as how much she loves the water. I think it was a really relaxing break away for them. I hope it was.

Considering they had to fly back to life with a tempermental seventeen year old. And work. And all that other fun stuff that makes up everyday life.

4 comments:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

What a sweetheart! One year! Wow. Keep taking lots of great pictures. That's my plan. When they're off in the world, I'll have my pictures.
If it weren't for the morning sickness, I'd probably keep having babies to help keep the magic of little ones around forever.
But hopefully, like for your parents, there'll come a day when I can visit the babies, and still have a few drinks, read, relax...be a grandma.
Your parents sound awesome.
Your brother sounds normal. *I would not go back to 17 for anything!

Thinking of you.
Wishing we'd made it to Mt. Lemmon. Next time! And we'll get to meet two Sarah babies! Very exciting.

word verification: i a mesa

Sassy said...

Your daughter is a doll! :)

Rain said...

Oh, it sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration! This is such a special time in your life, enjoy every minute. Soon they turn 14 and have a myspace that scares you :)

fineartist said...

God love her, she is so cuuuuuwte.

Give her a great big kissy wiss from great auntie Lori.