Wednesday, August 02, 2006

the butterflies are back!

And in great abundance, too! They're charging down the streets in floating gangs, decorating the sky like confetti. They are beautiful! They are everywhere!

I have a funny feeling the sudden burst in population can be attributed to and thanked by the incredible monsoon we've been experiencing.

Yippee!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

gorgeous shot -- you're not updating your flickr?

We've noticed a few butterflies, too, but mostly monarchs. Just a couple of swallow-tails. I love them all.

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

This is a gorgeous shot!

So let me get this straight.
They eat my herb garden, then fly down to your house to prance about, kick back a few margaritas, maybe, and pose for pictures?
Make sure to get a picture of the dill scented ones for me. They owe me at least that much.

Sarah said...

z - finally got around to updating flickr. thanks for making me feel so in-demand :o)

wm - yep, that's pretty much how it works. hey, they've gotta fuel up for the long haul over here.

p.s. they said your dill could use some more fertilizer. I'm only the messenger.

fineartist said...

Great shot.

There is something magical about those winged guys. They remind me so much of faries.

xx, Lori

Rain said...

Yes, I've seen them here too. They are flying low and slow. Beautiful photo. I have a giant moth on my curtain right now. I should take a pic.

beckyboop said...

What a pretty picture. I haven't seen any butterflies here. It must be too hot. We could use some of your rain. I say "some" of it. Do NOT send a monsoon. Just wanted to make that clear.

Thanks for sharing the great pic. It makes up for the non-butterfly status here. :)