Friday, September 21, 2007

blame it on the scorpion



I know I've been MIA. Can I blame it on the scorpion that stung me last Wednesday evening as I was diligently putting clean articles away in our linen closet? Yeah... got me right in my right index finger and it is still numb, I kid you not.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

So what are you going to do with the little whipper-snapper?

What does the initial sting feel like? What's the treatment for scorpion sting? How long does the numbness last?

Are there any natural repellents that will keep them out of your closets?

They ARE kind of interesting, up close, aren't they? I can't tell if you're just amazed by it, or if you're plotting against it. Your smile is very enigmatic...

Wannabe said...

God I hate living here. Ick.

Misty said...

i do not miss that part of the country, although I never lived there as a full grown adult... what can you do to prevent them?

fineartist said...

That little bastard!

I hope the numbness leaves soon and I am so frappin relieved to know that it wasn't the killin kind.

lovey, lovey, Lori

Rain said...

That must have been scary. I never saw one when I was in AZ. I did see rattlesnakes and gila monsters though.

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

YOUCH!

The fright would have done more damage to my nervous system.

Glad you're all right.
REALLY glad it wasn't one of the kids.

(Wina would have bit that bastard in half.)

((Someone who loves Scorpions (((Winds of Change in my head now))) will most assuredly go back to my site and tell me how humans deserve to get bit))

Holly said...

I don't know what's scarier, the scorpian, or the smile on your lovely face as you proudly hold him (or her) aloft, torturting him (or her) with a drinking glass for our amusement. :)

Anyway, scorpians are real assholes. We have them here in Arkansas, too, so I feel your pain (not literally).

And the hair is looking FAB-U-LOUS, by the way. :)

ron st.amant said...

Nice to see that you've labled the scorpion an enemy combatant and have imprisoned it in your own glass gitmo...the scorpions hate our freedoms...

anxiously looking forward to your answers to Z's questions, too