I think I've gotten to the bottom of solving who my secret santa is. Yes, I believe this is the person responsible for sending me goodies that have pampered me:
Have you seen her? Everyone has done such an effective job at the elimination of S.S's and non-S.S.'s alike, that my conclusion was relatively easy to reach with patience. And, after a bit of research, I believe cameradawktor is the only participating resident in Washington, which means there was no trickery on her part in regards to the package's return address. Sometimes the obvious is the hardest to see.
I am so thankful for all of my wonderful gifts. Oh, and that whisk... it is divine. I made an egg-whites omelet yesterday morning and wondered why I had toiled over my crappy cheap whisk-wannabe for so long. It was so effective and lovely to use. I felt enlightened; like a chef to be taken seriously. Same with the paring knife. I admittedly have never owned one! Awful, eh? I have always clumsily made due with our average-sized typical kitchen utility knives. Now I feel special having a specialty knife more suitable for jobs I did before with a bigger clumsier knife!
Another cool gift was a framed picture of some stunning location, which I can imagine is perhaps the beautiful coastal view from Washington? I've never been up there before. Nope, the northwest is some place I have yet to travel. The picture reminded me a lot of a little island off the coast where I grew up, that you could walk out to when the tide went down. Only thing is, you had to make it back before the tide rose again, otherwise you'd be stuck. Of course, this picture was much more attractive than Long Island sound. (Thankfully, otherwise it wouldn't have served it's purpose as a an imaginary get-away in the stressful months ahead!)
And what girl couldn't be thrilled with pampering ointments of the utmost soothing aromatic nature? I'm a big fan of the bath tub lately, given my very-pregnant-shape, so I'm loving all these lovely indulgences. And one of my favorite things to do is light candles around the rim of the bathtub while I soak, so the respective candle has also found it's home in my bathroom as a mood-setter :o)
L has been enjoying her coloring books, too. They're the first ones she has ever owned. Don't get me wrong, she draws on blank paper all the time, these have just been her first coloring book experience. She is very free with her relationship with the lines... and with the book itself for that matter. All I can say is thank goodness for oxyclean. And when I need a break from monitoring her redecorating of the house's color scheme, I must say our aquadoodle is a relief, a brilliant invention, and a much appreciated investment made on our part. "Sure honey, you can draw on the walls with the water pen." I've realized that must be confusing when she goes to do it with the magic markers and I have a coronary. Ah well.
Thank you cameradawktor! You're a kick-ass secret santa!
2 comments:
yeah, secret santa is fun. I guessed it was you by the post mark, and the wax seal confirmed it, as it was very artistic, so is your handwriting btw.
Looks like some pretty cool stuff you got there :)
She is a kick ass secret santa, and man I love that photograph!
L is using a color book, how fun, and how clever of your Santa to include a gift for her!
xx, Lori
Post a Comment